Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

  • CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO GALLERIES
  • HUMANE SOCIETY WEB PAGE WITH PICTURES

    If you're looking for a specific topic, type it in the "search this blog" space at the very top of the page in the blue bar.

    Friday, July 14, 2006

    JESSIE WISLER HUFF SHIMP'S SEWING BASKET


    This is not my grandmother's sewing basket, but it is almost exactly like the one she had for most of her life. Mother says she remembers having something that would need mending and Grandma saying, "Well, bring me my basket."

    I have the basket now, and I have used it, to keep embroidery thread in and little scissors and the like.

    I don't know how old these baskets are, but Grandma was born in December, 1881.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home