Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

  • CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO GALLERIES
  • HUMANE SOCIETY WEB PAGE WITH PICTURES

    If you're looking for a specific topic, type it in the "search this blog" space at the very top of the page in the blue bar.

    Wednesday, July 19, 2006

    REMEMBRANCE OF WILLIAM A VANCE - by Wayne Botkin

    As I have written, my father-in-law, William A. Vance, passed away last Tuesday and was laid to rest following a Masonic Funeral at Harmony Cemetery on Saturday. What follows is an emailed memory of him from his high school days:

    This by cousin Wayne Botkin:

    My best recollection of Bill Vance was in 1941;we we were at
    Carthage High;Bill was a sophomore and I, a senior & on the
    varsity football--Bill played guard and I, tackle. Bill
    being two years younger and smaller played only parttime.
    When Bill was in the game he played long side of me. When
    a running play was over our side, I would say "Come on Bill."
    We opened holes many times for the running back to make a
    good gain. Oftentimes when we were unscrambling from a
    pile-up, Bill's helmut (being too large) would be half
    turned on his head and I could only see a big smile on his
    face. Yes, Bill was "tough and scrappy" which he had to use
    too many times during his life.
    Yes, I am proud to have been his cousin. May his soul rest in
    peace.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home